- How do I apply for a geography computing account?
- I forgot my password, how do I reset it?
- I am locked out of my account and need to have the password reset.
- My print balance is zero, how do I add more money for printing?
- How do I connect to the scratch drive?
- How do I access files on my U drive remotely? (faculty & staff)
- How do I access files on my U drive remotely? (students & others)
- How do I use an FTP client on a windows machine?
- How do I obtain a copy of ArcGIS software to install on my computer?
- How can I take ESRI courses for free?
- How do I get an ArcGIS Online account?
Software Support for Courses
Students enrolled in courses requiring use of the department's computers who have questions about the software used in that class should direct their questions to the course instructor or teaching assistant.
General Software Training
Students, faculty, and staff can access over 2,000 software training videos at our the lynda.com kiosk at the Technology Resource Center located in Thomas Hunter, room 402.
To report any lab-related problems, including software, hardware, printing, AV, door access, or policy issues, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of your email will go to all Geography IT staff members and will be answered by the appropriate person.
Your email must include the following information:
- Name of computer you are working on.
- Name of software program.
- Exact copies of any error messages.
The more information you provide the better the chance the problem can be resolved.