- Death tolls: U. S. 72, Haiti 54, Cuba 11,
Dominican Republic 3, Bahamas 2,
Maritime 2, Canada, Jamaica, Puerto Rico 1
- Hurricane conditions in eastern Jamaica,
eastern Cuba, Bahamas, and small area of
- Tropical storm/gale conditions over the U. S.
Mid-Atlantic and New England States
- Gale-force winds gusts as far west as the
western Great Lakes
- Major to record storm surge with extensive
damage along large portions of the New
Jersey, Ney York, Connecticut, Rhode Island,
and Massachusetts coasts
- Widespread heavy rains along the track, with
heavy snow in the Appalachian Mountains
- $50 billion property damage in the U.S.